Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Aberdyfi Community Council held at the Literary Institute on Monday 12th December 2022
Present: Cllr Brian Kelly – Chair
Cllr Ian Hewins
Cllr Gareth Jones
Cllr Sadie Porter
Cllr Megan Reynolds
Cllr Dave Williams
Public: Pat Hellen
AGENDA ITEM 1 – Apologies
Apologies accepted from Cllrs Bradbury-Willis, Dunton, O’Neill, Owen and Tyrrell.
AGENDA ITEM 2 – Public participation
No public participation
AGENDA ITEM 3 – Chair announcements
The Chair welcomed everyone and thanked them for coming out in such cold weather.
AGENDA ITEM 4 – To receive and confirm minutes of the ordinary council meeting on 21stNovember 2022.
Proposed: Cllr Jones Seconded: Cllr Reynolds
AGENDA ITEM 5 – Matters arising
M/46/(18.06.22) Tywyn Health Centre
It was noted that there is still no representation from Aberdyfi Community Council on the Tywyn Health Centre Public Participation Group.
Action: Clerk to request a volunteer representative from councillors again
M/84/(17.10.22) Cycle Path
The clerk is still trying to find out who has taken over this project from Iwan ap Trefor
Action: Clerk to contact Gwynedd Council again
AGENDA ITEM 6 – Treasurer’s report
The clerk informed the council that one Direct Debit payment had been taken twice by mistake and one payment will be refunded.
Proposed: Cllr Reynolds Seconded: Cllr Hewins
AGENDA ITEM 7 – Gwynedd Council report
No report as Cllr Owen was unable to attend the meeting
AGENDA ITEM 8 – Planning
NP5/50/747 2 Tyddyn Isaf, Aberdyfi, LL35 0ER
Installation of external flue
No objections were raised.
NP5/50/439A Ty Carreg, Aberdyfi, LL35 0LE
Amended plans to previous application
Action: Clerk to contact SNPA to inform them that the council feels the plans are an improvement and will await the formal plans.
Information received from SNPA:
NP5/50/153B Land adjacent to Greenhill bungalow, Copperhill Street, Aberdyfi LL35 0HF
This application is being considered by SNPA as their legal department have decreed that the current applicant is the legal owner of the land. The clerk has sent the council’s objections to the development.
Tides Inn, Seaview Terrace, Aberdyfi, LL35 0EF
Premises licence variation application
This application has now been withdrawn
Balkan Hill House
SNPA have investigated and the swimming pool is under permitted development
AGENDA ITEM 9 – To approve budget for 2023-24
Proposed: Cllr Porter Seconded: Cllr Jones
AGENDA ITEM 10 – To approve donation to the Neuadd Dyfi
Proposed: Cllr Jones Seconded: Cllr Porter
AGENDA ITEM 11 – To consider and approve training plan
Proposed: Cllr Williams Seconded: Cllr Hewins
AGENDA ITEM 12 – To approve purchase of replacement hedge trimmer for wharf garden volunteers
It was agreed that the Council would not approve the purchase and suggest the applicant apply to the AA&I for funding.
Action: Clerk to inform applicant
AGENDA ITEM 13 – Correspondence
- The water drinking fountain has been delivered and the Clerk will seek quotes closer to when the wharf development ends
- WeSwimRun is organising a 5k fun run / walk / crawl on New Year’s Day at 10am to raise money for the playground. It was agreed to write to thank them for their generosity.
Action: Clerk to write to thank them.
- Food Festival. The clerk had a meeting with the organisers and they are planning to go ahead with the festival in the same format as pervious years.
- The clerk had a response from SNPA to her email thanking them for their help and support with the recent issue with Hillside Park.
- An idea was muted to have a Christmas Tree made from lobster pots as it is impossible to have a normal tree this year due to the wharf development. It was felt this was too dangerous as it would be open to people using it as a climbing frame, so the idea was rejected.
AGENDA ITEM 14 – Items for consideration at future meetings
- Residents parking when it is able to be revisited
- Possibility of making the Roman Road to Picnic Island usable at all states of tide.
AGENDA ITEM 15 – Items for release / Rushlight / Website / Facebook
- 5k fun run
- Reason for lack of Christmas lights and decorations in the village this year
- Wharf development progress
- Picnic Island bridge photos
AGENDA ITEM 16 – Date of next meeting
Monday 16th January 2023
There being no further business, the Chair closed the meeting at 8.05pm